Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 40 – 45 Minutes
275g Ground Almond
275g Caster Sugar
1 Tsp Almond Extract
½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Egg Whites
Sprinkling of Icing Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 150℃ and place your ground almonds and sugar in a blender until well mixed, this can be done by hand with a whisk.
- Add the Almond and Vanilla extracts along with the egg white 1 at a time and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Prepare a parchment covered tray and roll your mixture into 2 – 2 ½ cm balls and place on the tray with enough room to expand a little.
- Press gently on the tops of ball to slightly flatten them and then sprinkle generously with icing sugar
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 – 30 minutes
- Place on a cooling rack immediately and allow to cool for 10 minutes to fully set the middle
Store in an airtight container to keep gooey centre.