Yield: 1 Tray/ 16 Squares
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Total time : 3 ½ hours
300g White chocolate
120g Golden Syrup
1 Tin Condensed Milk (400g)
90g Caster Sugar
Dark chocolate biscuit
100g Caster Sugar
275g Plain Flour
60g Cocoa Butter
- Start by preheating your oven to 170 degrees and beating the butter and sugar for the biscuit base until pale and smooth.
- Sift in your flour and cocoa butter and stir until well combined or if necessary knead until a dough has formed.
- Take the dough and firmly press into a greased 9x9 inch deep square tin/ silicone mould.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Once baked, place the whole tray onto a cooling rack and set aside.
- Next prepare your caramel by placing all the ingredients into a large saucepan. Stir until all the butter and sugar has dissolved.
- Then turn up the heat to bring to a boil and boil for 5-7 minutes or until it has darkened in colour and turned a more fudgy consistency.
- Once this has been achieved, pour the mixture over the biscuit base and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Next melt the chocolate, either in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave, and also pour over your caramel and immediately place in the fridge to completely set (2 hours).
- Chop into equal squares and enjoy!