Yield: 6 servings
Prep: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour & 25 minutes
1 Tbsp. Ghee or Unsalted Butter (melted)
1 ½ c. Arborio Rice
2 c. Full Fat Milk
1 c. Heavy Cream
½ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
½ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. White Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 385F. Prepare the clay pot by rubbing the interior with ghee, or melted butter. Place the prepared clay pot onto a pan. This will help with removing the finished Roz Meamar from the oven safely, later.
- In a separate bowl, wash the arborio rice. Fill the bowl with water, and agitate the rice. Pour away the cloudy water. Repeat this process until the water is clear. It will take about 4 - 5 times to completely wash the rice.
- Pour the cleaned rice into the prepared clay pot. Next, add the full fat milk, heavy cream, nutmeg, salt & white pepper. Gently stir for about 30 seconds, or until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Place the lid on, or cover with foil wrap, and place into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Now, take off the lid (or foil wrap) and bake for an additional 50 minutes.
- Serve this rice with chicken & while the rice is fresh out of the oven.