Yield: 8 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
12 x 12 Puff Pastry Sheet
2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter (browned & room temp.)
2 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp. Water
4 oz. Unsalted Butter (softened)
4 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
4 oz. Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Paste
- Preheat the oven to 400F, and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together dark brown sugar, granulated sugar and pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- Lightly flour the counter top and lay out the puff pastry. Paint a thin layer of browned butter onto the side of the puff pastry facing up, and then dust the entire face of the puff pastry with the sugar & spice mix. Similar to closing a book, fold over one side of the puff pastry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- Lightly brush the exterior of the folded pastry with some of the egg wash. Next, using a pizza cutter, cut 8 long strips. Twist each strip, and then shape the twists into pinwheels. Tuck the end of the pinwheel under and lightly pinch the dough.
- Lightly cover each prepared twisted pinwheel with egg wash, and then place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the twisted pinwheels for 15 minutes.
- Cream Cheese Icing: In a medium bowl and using a whisk, cream together 4 oz. unsalted butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla paste. Then, gradually whisk in 4 oz. of powdered sugar. Whisk until a smooth texture has formed.
- Allow them to cool slightly, top with cream cheese icing and serve.