Yield: 6 servings
Prep: 5 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 2 minutes
1 c. Granulated Sugar
½ c. Golden Syrup
¼ c. Water
3 tsp. Baking Soda
¼ tap. Cream of Tartar
- Line a glass dish/pan with parchment paper. The one I used was about 10 in. X 8 in. The parchment paper should be about an inch above the rim of the pan, as the honeycomb will continue to expand when first poured in.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together granulated sugar, golden syrup & water. Place the saucepan on a medium to medium high heat. Do not stir anymore.
- In a separate small bowl, using a fine mesh sieve, combine baking soda & cream of tartar, and set aside.
- Once the sugar has reached 300F, on a sugar thermometer, take the saucepan off of the heat and quickly whisk in the baking soda & cream of tartar. It should only take a matter of seconds to do so. Do not over whisk, or you risk the bubbles deflating and ruining the honeycomb look.
- Carefully pour the fluffy hot honeycomb into the parchment lined pan. Allow it to cool for 2 hours, at room temperature.
- Now, smash that honeycomb brick into smaller pieces. Serve!